There's not much I can say I wouldn't have imagined that I would do for my daughter. I've always been really child oriented and have wanted a big family for as long as I can remember. There are certain things though, that that just never crossed my mind that have become routine. Most of them are really fun and silly, and given my stature (I'm not a small man), they must be hilarious to watch. Being a Single Daddy though, most, but not all, of them occur when it's just the two of us. For everyone's benefit (yes, I can laugh at myself) I thought I'd you a glimpse of the "non-manly" things I do for my daughter's amusement.
- We love to play Princess. Thing is, Daddy is the Princess. Miss M puts the pink jeweled crown and earrings on Daddy and shrieks with joy "Daddy, you so boootiful!!!" I can thank my parents for those gifts.
- Daddy can recite virtually every line in the movies "Tinkerbell," and "Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses." What man can say that???
- If it will help Miss M stay in her seat while riding a crowded NY City Bus on the way to school, Daddy will sing out loud "The Wheels on the Bus" for as long as Miss M wants. Daddy has a REALLY bad singing voice and sings for no one.
- Miss M has started taking ballet and tap dance and loves to practice in the living room. Of course, Daddy is required to follow along and can do a plié or get into fifth position on command. The fact that I know what those are is just scary.
- Last night, Daddy gave a somersault show in the living room, just because it made us laugh. Thought I was going to throw up.
- Our new favorite game: Horsie. Now, for you traditional manly men like myself, this isn't the bouncing knee game or even riding on Daddy's back like a horse (although that is a small component). Miss M has decided that Daddy is her pet horsie, to be led around the apartment and the apartment building (yes, I said building) to perform tricks and whinny on command. She LOVES this one.
I know you Daddies out there understand. What ever makes them giggle and be happy.
Any fun games that you have to share? I could always add to the arsenal.