Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I LOVE WEDNESDAYS!!!!



Yes, it's my favorite day of the week. Not Saturday, not Friday, and certainly not Monday. You see, Wednesday is the day I get Miss M back after not seeing her or a couple days. Her mother's nanny (not her mother, but we'll let that one go) brings her to me at 8 AM and we spend an hour or so in the morning cuddling, playing with Barbies, doing the princess thing (yes, I wear the crown), or watching tv while eating breakfast. That hug, when she first jumps into my arms is the best thing I get all week. Doesn't matter what is going on in my life, that one HUGE hug and "Hi Daddy!!!" makes it all melt away.

The Ex and I have a pretty good custody schedule if I do say so myself. Then again, I'm the one who drew it up. Funny how that works. Here it is:

Monday & Tuesday - With the Ex

Wednesday & Thursday - With Daddy

Weekends - Alternate

Sunday nights - to the parent who didn't have the weekend

Having that alternating Sunday night is key. That way I never go more than 2 days without seeing her. During the very contentious early days, that was huge because we angry parents had trouble looking past our own stuff to allow some access on "not your days." Right now we're past that. Hope we keep that up.

This is my weekend so I have her from this morning through Sunday night! I LOVE THIS LONG STRETCH WITH HER!!! We have lots of plans: A Friday night dinner date (we sit at the counter at the local diner and try to talk Daddy and the man in to letting us have chocolate cake for dinner), Saturday a playdate with Gabriel and the gang at the playground behind our building, this Sunday...the Big Apple Circus at Lincoln Center!!! I may be more excited than her.

What is everyone else up to this weekend???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is really nice to read about a dad who is so good to his little girl. Thank you.

Leaf raking is my big plan for the weekend. Try not to be jealous of my oh-so-glamorous life! LOL

Big City Dad said...

KA, I would LOVE to rake leaves!!! Not often I get to do outdoorsy things. Gimme the rake!!! :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome that you got to work out a really good schedule. The time I have with my kids is pure gold. Everything else is just waiting to be with them again.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's about a 5 hour drive from NYC to my tiny town (don't blink when you get to it or you might miss it). I'll see you Saturday early afternoon if it doesn't rain. I have plenty of rakes. I need a couple ugly shrubs pulled out too so I'll get out the shovels. Oh, and who ever was in charge of landscaping before I moved in (the bank that owned the house must have hired some real idoits) put a ton of branches in the woods in the back so now that there are no leaves it looks awful. You can do that too. Hmm...I better make a list. LOL

Anonymous said...

that is a fantastic schedule. she's very lucky to have you so often in her life, not always the case.

Single Mama NYC said...

How did she like the Big Apple Circus? Was she as scared as my Theo??? Hoping not. :-)

Big City Dad said...

She LOVED the first half. After the intermission, Bello the Clown (freakin' weird if you ask me ;) did that bit where he popped balloons with imaginary archery. Scared her to death. Poor baby started crying and we had to leave :( She loved the trapeze and gymnastics though. Kept saying "Daddy, it's a princess!!! She's boootiful!!!"

Post a Comment