Friday, November 13, 2009

Good as New :)


Nothing like a couple hours with Miss M to make it all go away. Was stuck in my head most of the day but after getting some time with her it all seems trivial. We read some books, did our business on the potty (she JUST got that in the last couple weeks, so exciting!), and played marching band. LOVE that game. She grabs one of my pots and a wooden spoon, daddy gets the harmonica and a tambourine, and we march around the apartment playing to our imaginary crowd. Comes complete with a bow and an Elvis "Thankyouverymuch." Sure the neighbors love when we do that! Part of living in the big city...you get to hear all of your neighbors' business. After that we watched part of her favorite Princess movie and then off to bed. Ten minutes of meditation to top it off and Daddy feels like a new man. Thanks everyone for all the well wishes after a tough day. Tonight is what it's all about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how some time with your own children can have a way of healing so much. For us (my four and I) we love to pull every blanket and pillow out that we can find and have a movie night complete with popcorn. The kids love this because they know I'll fall asleep before they do. If I manage to make it to the end of the movie, they start watching me because they know I'll cry. It has become our little comedic family ritual: Do we get to laugh at mom falling asleep or crying at a movie that wasn't even sad tonight? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love how spending time with my girls reminds me about what's truly important in life. :)

Single Mama NYC said...

I'm so glad that when the ex makes you friggin' nuts and you wonder what the hell you were thinking having a child with her, that your baby will never fail to remind you of the all-pervasive joy she's here to bring you. Theo is that reminder for me every day.

I've been utterly lacking in my meditative practice. For a very long time (and it's showing). Must make time for that again on a daily basis ASAP. Thanks for the "reminder".

Big City Dad said...

Thanks SMNYC. I really appreciate your comments! Meditation is something I've tried off and on for a long time, but it only "took" this past year. I was probably over thinking it, trying to go all Zen. What's worked for me it to sit cross legged on pillows, close my eyes, and count my breaths from 1 to 10 and then back down to 1. I just repeat that until the alarm goes off (10 or 15 minutes). Seems so simple but it really has made a huge difference when I do it regularly.
Good luck!

Post a Comment