So I'm proud to say that I received my first Blog Award yesterday!!! My buddy Scott over at This Daddy's Blog graced me with the Beautiful Blogger Award. As the fine print requires, THANK YOU SCOTT. I am honored, especially to be called "beautiful" by a hetero dude. That is a man comfortable with his sexuality. If you haven't checked out Scott's blog, I'd encourage you to. While we've never met in person or talked through more than blogging, he's a guy who's perspective on family I totally identify with. TOTALLY devoted to his wife and four kids, fully able to admit when he's wrong, and funny to boot. Great job Scott. Keep it up.
So, here's the fine print on my award:
Thank the person who nominated you for this award and insert a link to their blog. DONE
- Pass on the award to about 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are great! That will be an ongoing process. My plan is to give out awards once or twice a week until I've fulfilled my commitment.
- Contact the other bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for this award
- Say 7 things about yourself. SWEET! My favorite topic...ME!
So, let's see what I can say about myself that's fun and interesting:
- I drink more coffee daily than any person should consume in a month. Mostly espresso. Strangely, I have no problems sleeping;
- I couldn't name a song in the top 100 across any kind of music at any point in the last 5 years. Just no interest whatsoever;
- For a big city finance guy, I'm kind of an anomaly. I'm mostly a liberal Democrat, especially on social issues.
- All things considered, I'd be more comfortable living in a cabin in the woods, wearing cowboy boots, and driving a pick up truck than living in Manhattan;
- I grew up playing soccer and actually trialed with Liverpool in England when I was 17. At the time, drinking beer and chasing skirt was WAY more important so obviously that didn't go so well. I did have fun though. Still, it's simultaneously one of my proudest accomplishments and biggest regrets;
- I just ate an entire Toblerone. Damn those things are good! ;
- My little Miss M is the absolute love of my life and even though my life isn't what I pictured, it's perfect because I have her. I wouldn't trade my time with her for anything.
So kids, there's some of me in a nutshell (literally). Have a great day!